Electrogalvanising is one of the world's most widespread and
cost-effective surface treatment processes in metal finishing.
The galvanising process ensures corrosion-resistant coatings
of excellent quality and appearance. Furthermore, it guarantees
low environmental impact. This process is known for its excellent
adhering coatings and cathodic corrosion protection, which
provides sustainable protection for your components.
This process is suitable for both barrel and rack goods.
Properties and applications
- Suitable for coating steel, cast steel and
- High ductility (softness) of the surface
(bending and flanging properties)
- Low and efficient coating thicknesses for fit components
- Resistant to lubricants, fuels and solvents
- Stable corrosion protection up to 120°C
- Corrosion resistance in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9227 - according to customer specifications
- The special processes used by mbw even reliably achieve values of at least 1000h in the salt spray test compared with white rust with coating thicknesses of 10 μm zinc
- The zinc coatings can be treated in various ways by special post-treatment, for example passivation, phosphating, painting, vulcanisation, dyeing and sealing
- Improvement of corrosion properties by
post-treatment with topcoats, adjustable coefficient of friction
- Passivation (thick coating, silver, blue)
- Sealing with and without lubricant
- Heat treatment for hydrogen de-embrittlement (annealing)
- Chromate coating (containing yellow Cr-VI)